smartTOP Roof Top Control for Mercedes Benz SLK (R171), SL (R230) and CLK Cabrio (W209)
• Comfort soft top control while driving: Within a programmable speed limit (0-60 kmh / 0-38 mph) the top can be operated automatically with a short push of the open or close button.
• Remote control: One-Touch operation of convertible top and windows with the original remote.
• Super Comfort Mode allows starting engine during remote top operation. Also allows turning the engine off, getting out and locking the doors, while the top is still closing.
• Chirp Feature: Short alarm siren chirp when locking the car. (IMPORTANT: This feature requires the factory alarm with "panic" button on the key remote).
• User programmable: All features can be individually enabled or disabled. Some also allow different personal preferences to be set. All settings are retained even if the car battery is disconnected.
• Shop/Diagnose mode: If activated the smartTOP is completely passive, as if it was not installed at all. It becomes invisible to diagnostic tools.
• Future-proof investment: Should new features become available for this module, it can be updated easily and at very low cost.
Important compatibility notes:
Our module is generally compatible to all CLK (A209) models, but on the earliest models (2004) there are some limitations:
On CLKs model year 2004 the roof can be operated while driving, but not using the "one-touch" feature. This is due to the way the roof button is directly wired to the roof controller on this model only.
Please contact us for full function description and model differences.